Saturday, April 20, 2013

Book of Da postcard

Diver
A few weeks ago I posted about the Book of Da Kickstarter project. It was successfully funded and then some. It got more then 500% of the original goal. This was quite amazing. I gave my (small) contribute because this seemed like a good, thought out project, and the story was just like my type of sci-fy cup of tea. And I wasn't alone.

I'm still waiting for the book to arrive but I had totally forgotten about the other stuff Mike and Matt offered to backers.

So yesterday I got a postcard in the mail. This is something I rarely get nowadays (apart from Christmas). Its funny how a simple postcard is much more exciting than a digital era type of communication.

Matt and Mike were nice enough to not only do a little drawing but also write personalized postcards. Here it is:
Front
Back


You're welcome Mike and Matt. Can't wait to read the Book of Da.


Follow Reading Graphic Novels on Facebook and Twitter.

2 comments:

  1. I think that's amazing. Sometimes we forget how great it is to hold something in our hands, especially when it's a postcard signed by the authors of an interesting project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Arion,

      Exactly. The simpler things are the best. The satisfaction of holding it in my hand is much higher than it would be had I received it by email.

      Delete