Monday, April 15, 2013

Next on RGN #2

Einstein
This weak my esteemed boss may or may not have a work trip planned for me. If that comes to be then it
means less time to read and write. So this week I'm aiming for two reviews. Two very distinct books.

One I had very high expectations and the other I had none. One has a beautiful cover and the other has the usual bland and lack luster Hickman creator owned cover. The first was a shoot in the dark (like many books I buy) the second was bought due to the recommendations of the good folks at The Outhouse.





On the 17th, next Wednesday, Alabaster Wolves will get reviewed.

Alabaster Wolves
On the back of the book is written "For nearly as long as she can remember, Dancy Flammarion has fought monsters, cutting a bloody swath through the demons and dark things of the world, aimed like a weapon be force beyond her control or questioning.

But now, for the first time, Dancy finds herself alone...

... and the wolves are closing in"







The Manhattan Projects Volume 1 Science Bad takes center stage at the 21th of April, next Sunday.
Science Bad

This got recommend to me over and over and over again. And then some more. I read the premise and it didn't spark much interest. However I had to see why this got so many recommendations and so many stellar reviews.

The premise is simple: "What if the research and development department created to produce the first atomic bomb was a front for a series of other, more unusual, programs?"







Follow Reading Graphic Novels on Facebook and Twitter.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, did you buy The Manhattan Projects because of me? If so, what an honor. This has been, by far, my favorite Hickman project. And although I got the first volume for free I enjoyed it so much that I might buy the second volume.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Arion,

      As you know, I'm not Hickman's biggest fan and I was ready to give this a pass. However in the past your suggestions have been great, and after reading your review I decided to give it a shot. :)

      Delete