Sunday, June 30, 2013

Next on RGN #8

Lisbon's Book Fair
Its been way to long since I last published a review. WAYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to long. But now I'm back and I've been reading some great books.

The last couple of weeks I've had little time to read comics, but the ones I found time to read made it worth it.

I also had the chance to visit Lisbon's Book Fair. This is something I enjoy doing. Its a great place to find books at discount prices. Between me and my wife we always come home with mountains of stuff to read. Good times.



O Baile
There was a time when Portugal was ruled by a dictatorship. It wasn't that long ago (39 years ago to be precise). This was before my time, but a little History never hurt anyone.

In those days there was a branch of the police that worked as the enforcers of the regime. They were called International and State Defense Police (PIDE in Portuguese). O Baile (the dance) is about one agent of said police.

He lives a miserable life. He doesn't like his job. But he sees no way out. His life is his life and there's nothing that can be done about it.

Then came the Zombies...


Book of DA
DA controls the seas. The fish have no feelings, they only feel what DA feels. DA is a good entity, it only
expects the full submission of every living being in the seas.

The Diver didn't know that and, by disobeying DA, upsets the whole sea.

Book of DA is more than it seems to be. It narrates the story of the epic journey of the Driver, as well as a more mundane one.


And of course the 3rd edition of Transmetropolitan'o'ton.


Follow Reading Graphic Novels on Facebook and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment